top of page
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

RON AWAY Cristiano Ronaldo abruptly storms out of interview after he is repeatedly asked about Lionel Messi

  • Jun 24
  • 2 min read

CRISTIANO RONALDO stormed out of an interview after being repeatedly questioned about Lionel Messi’s performances at the World Cup.



The Portugal veteran, 41, scored twice as his side beat Uzbekistan 5-0 in Houston. Ronaldo shook off a disappointing opener against DR Congo to play a starring role on matchday two.


After the match, the former Manchester United superstar roared “I’m back” into a TV camera.

But the forward was less enthusiastic when asked about Messi in the mixed zone.


Ronaldo had already cut off a reporter as they attempted to ask a question about Lionel Messi. As a reporter began a question by pointing out the Argentine’s latest goal haul against Austria on Monday, Ronaldo turned away and pointed towards another journalist, motioning towards them to ask their question.



The original reporter had just mentioned Kylian Mbappe‘s name too, potentially to point out his goals against Iraq, when he was cut off.


But another question on his iconic rival was one too many, prompting the Portuguese to furiously leave the mixed zone.

He sharply replied as he left: “I couldn’t care less about others… Mbappe also scored.”

Messi, who turns 39 on Wednesday, is the top scorer in the tournament with five goals in just two matches, as well as being the top scorer in the history of the World Cup.



Ronaldo, however, was in no mood to talk about his old rival.


Instead, he gushed over his own performance.


Asked about his “I’m back” comment, Ronaldo said: “Yes, so people do not forget.” On his display, the veteran added: “They said I should retire… but I am here.

“The noise from outside is always like this, but we can’t control it. We keep going and we are united.”


Ronaldo is the oldest outfielder to ever start a World Cup match.


He is not the competition’s oldest scorer, however, with Roger Milla having netted aged 42 in 1994.

Comments


Subscribe to Receive Our PBC

About Us

POSTBOY CLUB is a digital news platform covering news, entertainment, sport, finance and lifestyle, delivering timely updates and clear, reliable reporting worldwide.

Download Our Mobile App

Join us on mobile!

Download the “POSTBOY CLUB” app to easily stay updated on the go.

Scan QR code to join the app
Download on the App Store
Get it on Google Play

© 2035 by TIG. Powered and secured by Wix

bottom of page