top of page
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

MISSED THE MARC England doesn’t understand how good Rashford has been for Barcelona, says ex-Spain star as he issues Tuchel plea

  • Jun 27
  • 2 min read

SPAIN icon Gaizka Mendieta says Marcus Rashford shone during his loan spell with Barcelona – and he deserves to break into England’s starting line-up.



The forward, 28, made a goalscoring cameo as the Three Lions beat Croatia in their World Cup opener. And, having been named on the bench again for the drab draw with Ghana, leaked team news suggests Rashford is in line to start tonight’s showdown against Panama.


Mendieta reckons the Manchester United outcast does not get enough credit after bagging the LaLiga title with Barcelona last season.

The ex-Middlesbrough midfielder, 52, has called for England chief Thomas Tuchel to give Rashford more opportunities.


He told PlayUK: “Fans watch highlights and they think he’s not been good or he’s been okay. “No, if you see him regularly, as I have, Marcus Rashford has been very good.



“His assists, goals, tactical involvement and scoring have been important for the team.


“He’s played in different positions, showing flexibility and adaptability to different challenges.


“Again, it depends on how Thomas Tuchel wants to play, but if I was manager, he deserves to start in the line-up, based on his performances.” Rashford bagged 14 goals and as many assists in 49 appearances for Barcelona last season.

But his hopes of joining the European giants permanently took a hit when they splashed out £70million to land England team-mate Anthony Gordon last month.


It has left Rashford at a crossroads ahead of returning to Man Utd after the World Cup.


Tottenham have reportedly shown interest in offering the Old Trafford misfit a Premier League lifeline. And Mendieta is not the only former World Cup star urging Tuchel to bring Rashford into the fray.


England legend Teddy Sheringham believes the ex-Aston Villa loanee should get the nod after making an impact off the bench.


Comments


Subscribe to Receive Our PBC

About Us

POSTBOY CLUB is a digital news platform covering news, entertainment, sport, finance and lifestyle, delivering timely updates and clear, reliable reporting worldwide.

Download Our Mobile App

Join us on mobile!

Download the “POSTBOY CLUB” app to easily stay updated on the go.

Scan QR code to join the app
Download on the App Store
Get it on Google Play

© 2035 by TIG. Powered and secured by Wix

bottom of page